Royal Navy Historic Ships
(measurements of length are overall length from the taffrail or transom to tip of the bowsprit or jib-boom)
HMS Warrior (1861) LOA 420′ / 128 m TDISP 9,200 tons
HMS Victory, 104 cannon First-Rate 100 cannon ship of the line (1765 – still in commission) LOA 316′ / 96.3 m TDISP 3,500 tons
HMS Trincomalee (1817) Leda class 38-46 gun frigate Hartlepool UK museum ship LOA 250′ / 76.2 m TDISP 1065 tons
HMS Unicorn (1824) modified Leda Class 38-46 gun frigate Museum ship LOA 202′ / 61.6 m (jib-boom not stepped) TDISP 1000 tons Dundee Scotland (only sailing warship preserved in an “in ordinary” state)
HMS Gannet Dotterel class composite sloop (1878) sloop LOA 225′ / 68.6 m TDISP 1,130 tons museum ship Chatham Historic Dockyard since 1987
HMS Calypso, (1885-1922) Calypso class steam corvette LOA 235′ / 71.6 m TDISP 2,770 tons. in 1916 renamed HMS Briton to make “Calypso” available for a “C” class cruiser. From 1902 to disposal in 1922 served as a Royal Naval Reserve (Newfoundland) training and depot ship in St. John’s NFLD. After disposal was used as a salt hulk for many years in Lewisporte, and eventually burned and settled in the Bay of Exploits near Embree, NFLD.
HMS Beagle replica 10-gun Brig sloop (2016) Cherokee class LOA 140′ / 42.7 m full scale replica of the famous ship used by young naturalist Charles Darwin. 6 guns by the second survey voyage of the 1830s. Built 2012-2016 at the Nao Victoria museum, Punta Arenas, Chile. From illustrations, models, and the replica, Beagle was re-rigged as a barque (3 masts).
HM Bark Endeavour replica (1994) LOA 150′ / 45.7 m sailing replica located at the Australian National Maritime Museum, Sydney.
HM Bark Endeavour replica (1999) Now located at Whitby, England, where the original collier was built. Not a sailing replica, but full scale. LOA 150′ / 45.7 m was used as a venue and local attraction at Stockton-on-Tees and then moved to Whitby, to become a museum ship.
Grand Turk (997) replica, LOA 152′ / 46.3 m renamed Etoile du Roy in 2010 and transferred to Saint-Malo, France. This was reportedly based on the lines of the 6th rate ship HMS Blandford (1741) a modified example of a 1719 Establishment 24-gun ship. Blandford was not technically a frigate, although her modifications, where all lower gundeck gunports were omitted and instead she only had sweep ports, resulted in a ship that was for all intents and purposes such.
The vessels of the Warship Preservation Trust located in the Great Float in Birkenhead before the Trust dissolved and they were disposed of or preserved